Congratulations on your sedan! This means you need to take care of your car. The car comes with a lot of extras, but I wish the remote start would start the car with high heat and defrost. I enjoy driving it. You can pick up a nice first gen X3 with super low miles for $10-15k super easy, don't buy a 2007 or 2008 with an automatic though, it was a new transmission and had some issues, 2009 and 2010 had the issues fixed though. Would be a great family car. Infotainment screen has a lot to offer, and has a cool feature where screen prompts can sense your hand getting closer. Thanks for your suggestion. © 2020 J.D. I do not think it is reliable. Also warranties in Canada are much shorter. Everyone’s negative perception is all from the older models. I like how there is air conditioning in the front and back which is great for hot days. Is a car that you can use for anything, reliable and comfortable. Handles better. My parents have a '13 Tiguan SE. Performance wise, the vehicle handles extremely well and gets up to speed when is necessary. Edmunds estimates the five-year cost of a Tiquan SE to be about $4,000 more than a CRV EX. Digital odometer is nice, but not always user-friendly. This car has absolutely wonderful gas mileages in both city and highway! Great car overall with only a few flaws. While having almost no mechanical issues, my current '13 Focus interior started rattling and buzzing all over the place after 4-5 years and I don't want to live with a rattling car for 3-4 years, should one of these cars turn out the same. Engine/Platform. I currently drive an 04 Pontiac Vibe. So all in all, I'm wondering if you know of any other better cars or if the reliability is that bad for Tiguan? He told me not to buy a VW unless you like seeing your check engine light on all the time. The customer service is borderline rude and just don’t want to deal with issues. It is comfortable front and back. It is not bad, but it is not great. Test drove the CR-V and it just felt very meh and utility. Really love the third row option it has. Reversing camera is adequate but not as high resolution as some more modern cars. The size is perfect- larger than most compact SUVs, but not too large. I have had a great experience with my VW tiguan. Not much engine, but fast enough move on the highway. Also, the trunk is huge and has great fold flat seats. It had excellent gas mileage and rides really smooth. 2018 Volkswagen tiguan se with leatherette seats and a panoramic sunroof. The biggest thing is that it seems to have a smaller than average windshield washing fluid tank that I have to fill up frequently. Dependable, safe, and affordable luxury. Mileage is decent for a midsize SUV. There is not much else to say about the car. But before I make any commitment to purchase I wanted to do my research... Consumer Reports has all the recalls listed for the 2018 Tiguan. The RAV4 I suspect will have far less maintenance and work done on it over the course of its lifetime than the Tiguan but I wouldn't mind this tradeoff considering the VW is much funner to drive, possibly more comfortable and also looks better. Summary: Volkswagen Group of America, Inc. (Volkswagen) is recalling certain 2018 Volkswagen Atlas and Tiguan vehicles. Some people say that the handling is just adequate but it is fine for me. Simplifying the It is not that old and has had a few recalls already from the manufacturer. I do worry about when it has over a certain number of miles as my Audi does. Id pick the cx5 based purely on the fact that the vw is in its first production year of its generation. The interior is better. The base model has updated features such as Bluetooth connection and a rearview camera. The third row seat is not really big enough for adults (no leg room) but otherwise I have no negatives about the vehicle. It is extremely spacious and comfortable. This car is not so good on gas but it comes with all the bells and whistles that make up for the fuel. But for now, I am. This is a subreddit for people seeking advice as to what car would best suit them. Just perfect. Ac is not as powerful as I’d expect. The stop-start feature helps with gas mileage but it cannot be used in snow (big factor depending on where you live)! Overall, a good, reliable, mid priced car, but not high end in any way. - great customer service. Don’t buy. , mid priced car, but not high end in any way. It should be some what reliable. Seating is comfortable. I feel extremely safe behind the wheel and the ride is so smooth. Not much engine, but fast enough move on the highway. Another thing I love about Volkswagen or any other German car is how long you can go without getting an oil change, overall I would recommend. I'm somewhat bummed about how they toned down the performance of this latest generation Tiguan, cutting horsepower while increasing size, and softening the steering. I think Subaru may fit in here as an option. The wing mirrors light up a warning symbol if a vehicle is in your blind spot or very close and you intend to change lane. I own a Mk6 GTI Driver's edition. I previously owned a 2002 Jetta for many years with no issues. The only 'Issue' I have is the slight turbo lag that happens when accelerating after stop lights but the strong sports engine is worth it. And I’ve had it drilled into my head that VWs break down often and are expensive to repair. And also the heater. They are a bit cramped but ok for kids. Comfort and class: this vehicle has the features you want for your daily driver. The Reliability score is based on our latest subscriber survey of 2018 Volkswagen Tiguan owners. I love the features it has such as apple carplay. The tiguan is a comfortable car, spacious and affordable. And the performance is also good. I'm going to counter offer for the Highline with $32,500 +1900 PDI + Free Driver Assist + 5% tax = $36,500 CAD all in. Comfortline Tiguan $31,500 + $1900 PDI + free sunroof + 5% tax = $35,000 CAD all in. Learn About Us. Comfortable, good design, open roof, all amenities. The headlights are also LEDs and make nighttime drives less stressful. Cargo space in the back is roomy. I have driven Volkswagens for the past 7 years, and am unwilling to change over to a different manufacturer due to the dependability of this car, as well as the drive being smoother than any other car I have driven. Thanks for your two cents. research process is at the heart of what we do and remains our number one priority. I like that it's new and has Bluetooth. I also wish I had remote garage door opener in the car. Ascent is also doable but options vary. The car drives well in the snow and ice and is not too bulky like other SUVs. We have used it for long road trips. Sorry for the long rant, I suggest using carcostcanada and unhaggle to see what the more competitive deals are going on for your preferred trim. However everything else about it has been very convenient for me and my family. It's 2018, almost every car will be reliable for the first 3-4 years. Also, what are the factors that made you narrow down to these two? They are work cars and we have 4 of them. If closer to the former, I'd be fairly confident in it lasting 10 years without too much drama. Overall I enjoy it but I wish I went with the newer body when I got it. © 2020 Vehicle History Inc. All Rights Reserved. This is a proven platform and should be very reliable. It handles great, has power and is responsive. I live in a city with 7 month long winter and lots of snow. I stand behind the brand 1000%. Edit. Things I like about the new 18 Tiguan are it now takes regular octane, comes in FWD (simpler to maintain long-term), has a brand-new 8-speed automatic transmission and good ground clearance.

Sump Pump Switch Replacement, Butternut Squash Calories 100g, Chocolate Butterscotch Poke Cake, Indoor Cycling Before And After, How To Remove Split Screen On Android Tablet, Little Buffalo State Park Boat Rental, Skoda Superb 2012 Fuel Tank Capacity, Residential Park Homes For Sale In Chichester,