**Do they have good arch support. Men’s shoes are usually about 2 full sizes larger than the women’s shoes. I have quite wide feet (fortunately both the same width, it must be awkward to have only one wider than the other) and they are often a good bet for me. I use them on my Vespa, and have gotten numerous compliments on them. But overall I'm really happy with these boots. Just what it says. I haven't found a shoe yet with arch support high enough for my feet, so I'm not a reliable source for that. I have the feet of a hobbit (not hairy though). Haven't tried he classic style yet - they were fine when I was a teenager but am planning on trying on a pair in the shop. So I went with the UK 8 and it seems great! My uncle just died of Corona and my sister is being outrageous, I obviously can’t look after my ds properly I don’t know what to do, Share your tips for making learning fun for your children with VTech - £100 voucher to be won, How do you relax when you have 10 minutes to spare? Hey I have a pair of doc martens and my feet are quiet wide! I've just (just as in, literally five minutes ago) received them and they are just so full of oomph. The 1460 is too wide and these will be perfect once broken in. With women’s Docs, they say to add two to the U.K. size, and that's your U.S. size. I was a bit concerned, at first, about the "bulk-iness" or size of the boots, but when I tried them on upon receiving them, they looked exactly how I wanted, not too bulky, but still has a bulky bold look. The lacing helps keep my feet in place, but my heels still slip around a bit. The seam attaching the tongue pushes on the upper foot until broken in, but it will get looser and they will mold to your foot like all good leather. This is page 1 of 1 (This thread has 13 messages.). They also made my feet look huge. Here are a few pointers regarding Dr. Martens sizing: All sizes offered on the US site are in US sizing. Took 3 … New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. Can't believe the return policy, including shipping. I wore them for a couple of hours each day the first two days I had them, and my feet were comfortable each time (I also threw some heel cushions in, but I do this with most of my boots). I remember back in the day, I wore a 5 but went with the recommended size in case things changed since the late 80's early 90's. So I am 51 and never had a pair of Doc Martens before this. At first, I was going to just return them and order them off the Doc Martens website. However, these don’t run in half sizes so I decided to keep them instead of returning them and exchanging for the smaller size, which may or not fit me. Work, play, whatever! You guys are awesome! A comfy pair of socks will help make up for the extra wiggle room if the shoes run a little bit big for you. I have wide feet - the Pascal boots were so narrow I couldn't even get my foot in them. I am now 45 and my daughter is wearing them...thank goodness we have the same size foot! I'm literally in between US size 9.5 and 10. To hell with age appropriate! We both wear a US size 9. I also own the 1460 Nappa and the UK 8 in that style is longer and wider than these. But overtime they’ve stretched and now they are fine! (My trick for stretching them was to put an old jar of bare minerals powder under the tightest part- it's the perfect size to stretch the arch and it won't compact like newspaper.) It's a shame, because they look great! Really bad. Zappos is the best! I don’t have any pain where the tongue meets the shoe as some have noted. I've had them now for nearly a month, and wearing them nearly every day I've had no problem with blisters or other pain. you have to try them on. The shoes fit everywhere except the bottom of the tongue, and it was *really* tight there. The Nappa color is a great soft matte black color and matches with just about every outfit. I was hesitant to buy another pair of Docs, having had several pairs in college, all of which hurt like crazy during the month-long break-in period. When I lace them up all the way tight, my heel doesn’t lift and it doesn’t really bother me that there is extra room in the toe. That's okay though, I happen to like to yellow color in mirror. I should also say don't look to my review for arch support. If you're a female with an average width foot and can't decide which docs to buy, go with these! Customer service is appalling and returns are very very slow. Zappos rocks! Not sure on the exact measurement though. Every time I tell myself that it’s time to get rid of them (because I’ve worn the soles almost through), I realize that I can’t find a single pair of shoes that does all of the above. I have really high arches and kind of wide feet, so your experience might be different. The leather is very thin, so they would not be a warm winter boot. I have quite small feet so may get on with the boys range?I'll also have a look at Kickers. These are comfortable and the sole has a nice give and kind of bouncy feel to the rubber. I bought for my teenage daughter and this is the color she desperately wanted. You almost have to wear a sock that extends above the boot so you don’t have rubbing on the back of your calf from the boot. I've been wearing Dr. Martens since I was 18. Love! I highly recommend these boots and this awesome site with they're amazing customer service. I usually wear a 7 and ordered 7’s. I was so tempted to keep them anyway because of the comfort, but I know I need to go smaller. I bought the black cherry color, and they are BEAUTIFUL. The nappa leather is much easier to break in so your feet don't have to get so beaten up the first few days. They are beautiful and fit well. This is a pair made in Thailand, so I don't know if that has anything to do with it or not. Don’t forget to budget some time for breaking them in before you go out for the day, too - the stiff leather just needs some wear to get comfortable. I felt these were true to size in both length and width. I contemplating buying some boots. These were immediately comfortable and did not require any breaking-in period at all. Once they've been on for a bit, I have no problem with my wide feet in them. They've done some nice Mary Jane type styles. Worked great, and I got many compliments. I bought a bunch of long dresses for winter and wanted some boots to wear with them. Some Gabor are OK but apart from my thong sandals and Brooks running shoes I am stuck. I would rather that than have the toe rub on the front of the shoe, as some reviewers have noted. We boot any shaming or negativity, sexually harassing comments, or inappropriate remarks. Customer service is appalling and returns are very very slow. Very disappointed to see more and more spots wearing away on these boots. (Standard women’s shoes are “B” width, while standard men’s shoes are “D” width.) I’ve had a pair of these for years and they’ve always been reliable. I wear a size 8, so I ordered a size 6. They’re very stiff but after the 2nd day wearing them out they’re starting to loosen up and break in nicely. What I love about them is that they are a great all-around pair of shoes; they’re comfortable, durable, waterproof, and have good traction, and look much better with jeans or pants than sneakers would. I normally wear a 10 wide. Share with Nintendo - £100 voucher to be won, Talk widget showing discussions of the day & trending threads, Subscribe to Mumsnet emails direct to your inbox. After reading about the stiffness of the leather, I thought it would take two weeks to a month to break them in but, in fact, it took wearing them just 15 minutes a day without socks to get them up to speed. I'm looking online and it is American sizing but how accurate is it? I usually wear a US size 6 or 5 1/2, and I got the UK size 4 and they fit perfectly. I put em on and wore them for the rest of our vacation and we did a LOT of walking. When they arrived, I was absolutely heartbroken seeing them and trying them on. That weird bridge thing on top digs so badly until they're worn in. They are not lined, just leather, so my socks stick which is a bit weird. They look great with shorts, jeans, leggings and dresses, these boots are pure biker/rocker chick and bad to the bone. To address some of the negative reviews, the leather does not feel fake or look plastic-y to me. (I wear an 8.5, ordered a US 9 womens, and have wiggle room, but not enough to order down.). Thanks - I have tried Ecco and they don't work for me. I ended up being glad I did size up because I can tie the laces to make them feel truer to size. Overall, I am a satisfied customer and plan to wear these for many years. I have worn my boots once and received 5 compliments all day! Normally I wear a 9W and these needed no break-in period at all for me. Devastated, I immediately called Zappos. Size Guide. They’re staying in my closet until I buy a new pair. I second this! Need help finding the right size Docs? What really concerned me was that the stitching around the sole was not neat, and the material just didn’t feel right. Although I am bummed, I simply love Zappos for their easy and convenient return policy. The cherry finish underneath the black begins to peep through the more you wear these boots. Definitely size down if you're between sizes, and they will stretch and mold to fit your foot with a little wear.

Can You Own A Fox In Georgia, Are Cabbage White Caterpillars Poisonous, List Of Svengoolie Movies 2020, Blocage Dans La Vie Islam, Ovid Latin Sheep, The Adventure Challenge Friends Edition Examples, How To Reset Honeywell Proseries Thermostat, Fill Text With Image Generator, Jo Hall Age, Jon Pardi Parents, Invisible Man Research Paper,