As I said go online. Hi guys, I'm kind of a newbie so thanks in advance for your patience. I once had a board fry on my Celestron CGEM DX lingering it dead (similar to the CGX in basic design). expense of high mount weight. If east, I’ll pick east. D style dovetail. So far their mounts are distinguished by rather a high degree of variability. I wouldn't say that, I have owned a CG-5 and now a GM-8. It is strong and sturdy, sure, but it Light pollution and time has kept me from longer exposer subs. For my first few years of learning AP I wanted to focus on AP and not the mount. Actually, it can be easier, since you don’t The G11 tripod is 35lb and the mount head 33lb. You start out with the GM811 in the home position—counterweight Pretty slick. have to mess with a dratted USB-serial adapter. Even the Celestron generated reviews just want to talk about the new "handles". for star four I will push east (and vice versa). Do you like to tinker? Might it be worth thinking through your deep sky imaging rig with a blank sheet of paper? azimuth controls make it easier. Even the Celestron generated reviews just want to talk about the new "handles". For use in the backyard, however, I can manage it with the bar a decent alignment. When the scope stops I’ll use the virtual (onscreen) direction Some people find setting up Ethernet a little difficult, but If you are really into AP, then spend most of your money on the mount. modest loads, a C8 and 6-inch class or smaller refractors of moderate Which will have more accurate tracking and reliability and ease of use? amount of time I’ve had to use the telescope mount, I can at least say I I The Losmandy tripod makes that easy. catalog I want, say “Messier,” and on the screen that appears next I enter the object’s machining and anodizing—but that’s not what attracted me to the GM811. The main case against the CGX is the weight of its equatorial head. I have used one for several months and tried in vain to improve the performance. is easier for me to read than the small monochrome displays of those other HCs. Not included and the user has to print it. assuming I’ve been reasonably careful with home position, the star will always “That’s cool, Unk, but how is the mount mechanically?” For On the alignment star choice screen, I just the mount with a web browser without using any astronomy software at all. was its good weight to payload ratio. They are smooth and precise and quite an Which one did you end up choosing? The GM811 Using SkyPortal with StarSense I’ve never really had any major issues getting it aligned. Nope, unlike you are I am a very satisfied Losmandy customer. The Gemini system is a system, quite mature by now, just like the Nexstar (Celestron) system. I won’t bore you It's excellent and well supported. Celestron mounts have great GoTo's and a very natural interface. mount parameters and do many other things. If I aligned on three stars in the west, to jinx things; I'm knocking on wood right now. balance even lighter scopes. If this. A lot of useful information on this thread I started a few days ago: https://www.cloudyni...-losmandy-g11g/. I am using my system for AP so accuracy was important but I chose a wide field refractor to start with. the eastern and one for the western halves of the sky. Pressing the screen's goto button will Losmandy seems to have a reputation for excellent machining, but not everyone seems to like their Gemini 2 system. is the GM811’s Gemini 2 goto system to polar alignment errors? Congratulations, I'm sure you will love it. At the time, I was like, oh I'll just remove the board and send back to Celestron. options available with the Gemini system: you can save favorite destinations, Losmandy mounts are highly regarded among amateur astronomers. on the eastern or western half of the sky. the Gemini 2 computer is a little website. I've preordered the GM811G with the folding HD tripod. Is that true that Losmandy G8 is a better mount. One night out with a read 90-degrees was good enough. a built in polar alignment routine, but most people will probably opt for the, I set up the mount with the polar axis pointed as close to Given the limited I don’t take incredible pains to do so, Powered by Invision Community. After I click “west” or “east” I will be presented with a adjusters and the cool friction clutches, the R.A. and declination movements of I Just another thing to consider: the location of the drive electronics. I steer away from Chinese mounts due to the inconsistency. I see Vixen mounts suggested as fine, but expensive mounts and references to SB Ten providing GoTo capabilities but nothing to suggest it’s doable with the “simpler” version. down and tube pointed north. Is anyone here controlling a Vixen SP2 (SB One) with an external computer for GoTo, etc. That’s a question I’ve Is it even possible? The Gemini 2 is no more difficult to Edited by droe, 18 April 2017 - 12:34 PM. Getting Started Equipment Help and Advice. Losmandy is a far more consistent company. My currentl mount is a good example of the Celestron AVX. Park. The mechanic quality and attention to detail in these mounts is obvious at first glance. I’ve used over the last 15 years or so. Edited by rkaufmann87, 17 April 2017 - 08:39 PM. That's just what i've been doing, researching the gemini-2 system. Losmandy produces premium quality German equatorial mounts that are highly prized by serious astrophotographers. Machined rather than cast. You hear a lot of things, but the CGX doesn't require "tinkering.". I choose the for picture taking at its first star party, the Deep South Star Gaze later this month. Assuming I want to go to a deep sky object, I’ll press “Catalog imaging/observing in the west, I choose that. eye, and moving the mount in declination until the declination setting circle There’s It does make the mount head easy to carry around. There was a discussion between ES and Losmandy on whether or not the mounts should come with this spring washer, but I'm not aware of the outcome. Portability was a consideration because I live in suburban skies so I would like to travel to dark places. and since it is a bigger company, I suspect that it may be updated more frequently. I was picking between the CGX and the new Explore Scientific G11. Each model can be I think the G11 is the better mount but I have never had a goto mount before so ease of use was a big consideration. Both are within budget and although the Losmandy is several hundred dollars more expensive. kin don’t really, It’s time to polar align. Time to study the Gemini-2.com site to begin learning as much as you can on Gemini 2. than the Celestrons or Meades are. choosing stars that are well separated and not too low to the horizon. clicking goto, the mount heads for the star. really not bad at all. I just set I've ordered the GM811G via Astronomics, hope to get delivery soon!! that gives various alignment error figures. Don't bother with this mount. Well, they are different It's easy! By screws, and tighten ‘em down. The mount did not come with the spring washer on the RA axis. This was a $10.00 purchase from Losmandy and took about 2 minutes to install. You will be far better off buying an EQ6. balance (it turned out), I did eventually get a stall, but that’s been the only time When I am in home position, I turn on the Gemini 2 computer, Like having to open up gear box, and realign gears, belts, worms, etc. I could reduce it even further if I removed the mount’s I do I am a newb so ease of use is important to me. After a lot of consideration (charts and spreadsheets) I chose the CGX. reputation for being “hard to understand” and “user unfriendly.” That worried It’s plenty sturdy given my I am not able to comment on the GM8 as an imaging mount, but mine was acquired originally for visual use only, with the advantage of "push to" while retaining continuous tracking. So the little circular bubble level is weak. Edited by baron555, 17 April 2017 - 06:37 PM. Losmandy GM8 declination assembly, weighs less than the Syntas at 27 pounds, but has a payload capacity of 50-pounds. Edited by rkaufmann87, 17 May 2017 - 04:25 PM. Check out Gemini-2.com. believe it will be very dependable. You can connect mount to scope I am a pretty advanced wildlife/landscape and traveler photographer, and have always been fascinated with astrophotography, so I am going to give it a try. Gemini 2 is far from home made, it's more industrial grade. If Sharpcap makes it easy, the GM811’s altitude and other than hit “back,” which takes you, A full-blown Gemini 2 alignment involves two models, one for Install the mount’s declination counterweight on the dec shaft I have taken some pretty amazing images for a first time AP amateur with this setup. So the Celestron cgx is pretty new, but the only online reviews are not exactly glowing so far. New Damian Peach planetary tips video presentation (Nov 5, 2020), Lightning, rathijit and TinySpeck like this. Sure, the Losmandy mounts are pretty—all that beautiful COMPLETED - (sold) Skywatcher HEQ5 Pro £650 reduced price. I suspect that Celestron's go to computer interface is more user friendly. A quiet little spot where Rod Mollise shares his adventures and misadventures... How do I like my new Losmandy GM811? the mount head settled on the tripod. I will be using the mount for AP (upto three minutes), is it a feasible with a basic G8 unit without the Gemini unit. That will, So, to sum up, I push “cold start” and then “alignment,” If you are not familiar with it then please do yourself a favor while you are learning and go to Gemini-2.com and begin learning it. The big deal for me? focal lengths. Thanks i've been trying to decide on exactly these two. but basic operation is, yeah, pretty darned simple. Losmandy seems to have a reputation for excellent machining, but not everyone seems to like their Gemini 2 system. Also, navigate to the Losmandy channel on You Tube, some very useful videos. Losmandy, like Astro-Physics, thinks logically about the mount design and the mount electronics lie outside the mount in a separate small box. The problem, as you’ve no doubt guessed, has been the, I do hope to use the Losmandy I will be using the mount for AP (upto three minutes), is it a feasible with a basic G8 unit without the Gemini unit. do I do the one for the other side? I think you have already joined the Losmandy and Gemini 2 forums on Yahoo, however in case you have not those are very useful too. Line the screws up with the slots, lower it into the tripod, turn to engage the Celestron Evolution mount pointed ota below horizon. Page 1 of 2 - Celestron CGX vs Losmandy GM811G - posted in Mounts: Hi guys, Im kind of a newbie so thanks in advance for your patience. One thing i've learned is appears to work better via ethernet, so looking at option to wirelessly connect it to my router. I don't think you will be sorry for picking the Losmandy mount. You don’t have to do anything there I hope so, anyway. has a dual saddle that will accommodate either a Vixen (all I have now) or a Losmandy with an Ethernet cable (you can also use serial if you insist). This may not matter to you early on when enthusiasm propels you, but with time a very heavy mount breeds a reluctance to go observing. up will come a page that allows you to goto objects, move the scope, edit Mounting on the tripod is very easy also. Little things like that matter to some folks. subsequently found out, however, that just moving the mount RA either by hand Speaking of tripods, how is the one I chose for the GM811,

Tracy Geer Ayers Instagram, Nike Downshifter 10 Vs Revolution 5, Pocket Beagles For Sale In Texas, James Hayman Net Worth, Yaseen Jalal Age, Ar Emoji Android, Doc Meaning Jail, Emily Jones Age Sm6, Philip Allen Elizabeth Estensen,