I sympathize with the Society in the difficulty in responding to some of these allegations. This brought an immediate reaction from Michael Voris at Church Militant, Timothy Gordon, and other prominent Catholic online commentators. Now, now , Michael, control your hatred. Just remember it is a society of priests and not laity, and that maintaining a little personal independence is probably in your best interest. Right around Easter Sunday 2020, Catholic social media erupted into chatter (often quite contentious) over the Society of St. Pius X (SSPX). (Amazon Synod, anyone?) […], Whether you know him as St. Rocco or St. Roch, he is a special friend to little guys like Mr. […], With an outrageously successful Amazon Synod under their belts, the apostates are on the march! I was married at a diocesan Latin Mass ceremony, at St. Lawrence the Martyr, and had my daughter baptized at the same Church. He usurps papal authority, willfully distorts BXVI to suit his own narrative, and dismisses facts to create his own idea of what should be. But the behavior of several priests suggests sociopathy. Voris has become a wholesale Sedevecantist. To be frank, some of the accusers seem deeply troubled with personality characteristics that lend to falsifying allegations. Hank Igitur loves his FSSP Latin Mass parish, but he no longer goes there each and every Sunday. Have a news tip? They concern mostly historical sexual abuse allegations against priests of the Society of Saint Pius X, the poor/possibly criminal manner in which they were handled and the future ramifications of this story for the Society, Church Militant and the Church in general. I have seen Society priests literally cringe when a lay person starts ranting about various things within the Church. Regardless of the outcome, or where the truth lies between the Church Militant and SSPX positions regarding these allegations, one thing seems pretty certain:  the devil is laughing at us. SSPX.org statement on the Church Militant article here. I still believe that the allegations made by CM are presented in the worst possible light without fair presentation of: a.) There are no FSSP Chapels in the Greater Toronto Region. The Society, while it was created for priests, gets its spirit from devout laity who are mostly wonderful people and I hope that criminal charges get pressed when deserving and that after reform the Society perseveres and grows. Several of the accusers strike me as having these personality types. I happily discovered the Toronto Oratory a few weeks before the pandemic began and I started attending daily Mass at Holy Family Parish and Sunday obligation St. Vincent de Paul. See our complete SSPX coverage . I can see a kind of institutional arrogance within the Society that viewed these allegations as to what it would mean for the Society as opposed to what they would mean to the wider community. Lukashenko: “I Consider Francis the Best Pope”, No Surprise: The Germans Impart Invalid Or Doubtful Confirmations, Francis: Dialogue Is “Most Privileged Instrument Against Covid”, Homosex Eucharist Replaces Creed With "Diversity", What Happens in Armenia: The Account of Evgenija Babayan, Benedict XVI Renounces His Brother’s Inheritance. I have seen Society priests literally cringe when a lay person starts ranting about various things within the Church. It is badly needed, the priests and laity love God, and I sincerely believe they attempt to do the right thing. He is deranged and needs help and prayers. It's […]. Denounces "slanderous piece of yellow journalism"... SSPX responds to Church Militant Report on Sexual Abuse [UPDATE 24-APR-2020 03:00 UTC: Church Militant's Response to SSPX] Yesterday, Apr. Voris wants to be treated with respect as a player in the Church. The enemy of my enemy is my friend, etc. I occasionally (maybe every other month or so) attended the SSPX Chapel in Etobicoke, Ontario for my Sunday obligation. But there is more than a kernel of truth to the allegations. I love what I have seen from the Oratory and I will probably make it my main Chapel once (God willing) things return to normal. Why I no longer attend my Latin Mass parish on a weekly basis. I only attend a Novus Ordo Church on Thursdays, irregularly, because they hold all-day Eucharistic Adoration. But the modernist Bishops really hated the work that he had been doing so I basically held him in positive regard. (St. Luke 18:8). It's sad. […], Yes, it's been a discouraging year in the life of our Catholic Church. This applies to some of the younger accusers in St. Mary’s, KS who grew up in a very conservative town but whose personalities are inherently that of the outcast. Real love and care is taken to make sure that every service is pleasing to God. I fully expect Criminal Charges, and frankly, I welcome them. We rely on you to support our news reporting. I am highly confident that, even before all of this, if Voris had gone to a Society Church he would have been told to shut down CM and live a life of prayer and fasting in reparation for the degenerate lifestyle had lived in the past. Hank Igitur (an obscure yet non-prominent Catholic online commentator in his own right) offers the following observations: Readers wishing to better understand both sides of this heartbreaking story are encouraged to visit the following sites: Church Militant‘s short documentary describing the abuse allegations. It's disturbing but true: Hank Igitur is now podcasting. The Society needs reform, and better screening of the psychological state of their priests and lay workers. Do you know about the Miracle that happened at St Peter’s the day that Pius IX pronounced the Doctrine of the Immaculate Conception? https://catholiccyber-militia.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/welcome-to-catholic-cyber-militia-control-central.mp4. It is not a surprise to me, whatsoever, that very opinionated and loud laity like Michael Voris and Patrick Coffin do not like the Society. Viganò: Is Francis Blackmailed Or Blackmailing? The priests attitude towards the laity with respect to their opinions, sadly, is too often “pay, pray and obey.” There can be a gruffness and a lack of cheer that I think should be rectified if the Society is to grow. the context c.) the psychological problems of some of the accusers. For a week we saw a raging battle swinging to and fro over the legitimacy of SSPX. It is not difficult to see why this would mesh with the world-view of people like Voris and Coffin. For a week we saw a raging battle swinging to and fro over the legitimacy of SSPX. Today, the U.S. district of the SSPX has published a response. We should all be aware of that when assessing their news reports. When Church Militant broke the allegations against the Society, Why Are We Fearful? Church Militant will forever be a tabloid; it is inherent in their DNA. My biases: I mostly attend a diocesan Latin Mass on Sunday’s at St. Patrick’s Catholic Church in Schomberg, Ontario. Now for the negatives. Loud, opinionated laity is the exact opposite of what the SSPX likes. These people hated the environment of the town that they were raised in and would lie to damage the priests. The priests and some of the laity are intensely devoted to the Society (as opposed to the broader Church) in a way that I find a little off-putting. Many of them were mishandled, badly. Verumtamen Filius hominis veniens putas inveniet fidem in terra? You know the kind: the Novus Ordo finishes, they shuffle out, we shuffle in, hold confessions and Mass, and leave again. The laity who attend the services are incredibly devout. I would like to weigh in on the SSPX/Church Militant controversy that began last week with the publication of (some known, others unknown) documents by Church Militant. Before this controversy I viewed Michael Voris, Executive Producer of CM, with some amusement: ex-homosexual, kind of a weird guy, loud mouth, ambitious. […], Hank Igitur and Hermann Eutics discuss the spectacular drowning of pagan idols in Rome. They were the goths in high school, the outcasts, the hysterics, the ultra-liberals. I love the Society, I hope it grows, but it is apparent that housecleaning is in order. Related Stories. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1CSfx0wHFI. When Church Militant broke the allegations against the Society I was highly, highly skeptical. Loud, opinionated laity is the exact opposite of what the SSPX likes. the mitigation efforts made by the Society b.) My impressions of the SSPX are mostly positive. It’s completely understandable why the two dislike each other. Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email. Please donate today. It is not a surprise to me, whatsoever, that very opinionated and loud laity like Michael Voris and Patrick Coffin do not like the Society. I reflexively defended the Society on Social Media. I have come across people like this all of my life. Other Latin Mass offerings are treated with intense suspicion and mild disapproval. Dico vobis quia cito faciet vindictam illorum. They really, really think that laity should be prayerful and offer sacrifices to change the Church rather than be loud on social media. A well-known Catholic online personality, Dr. Taylor Marshall, reported that he had attended Easter Sunday Mass with his family at a SSPX chapel near his home. Michael Voris doesn't need any defence from me, and I'm also sure that he is not anti Archbishop Marcel Lefebrve if he was he would have spoken against him long ago like when Church Militant started. Not any more. @pgmgn> A bit over the top, don't you think? The mutual antipathy of Voris and the Society, for the reasons I suspect above, made me question Church Militant’s motives. Aren't you supposed to be a follower of Christ! I used to think E. Michael Jones was a bit over-the-top in saying that Voris, because of his past sexual activity, was seriously wounded and should never engage in any kind of public Catholic activity--teaching, journalism, apologetics. In all organizations it is important to clean the rot on a regular basis. Then, Church Militant released a mini-documentary reporting on alleged serious cases of sexual abuse from SSPX priests and subsequent attempts at coverup on the part of the parent organization. Follow The Camp of Saints on WordPress.com. Overall, I would recommend attending an SSPX Chapel for services if your personal circumstances compel you in that direction. 22, we reported on a Church Militant investigative piece about the Society of St. Pius X and sexual abuse. This brought an immediate reaction from Michael Voris at Church Militant, Timothy Gordon, and other prominent Catholic online commentators. The last time I checked Society priests were telling laity to delete their social media accounts entirely. As for Church Militant…I dislike tabloid-style, gotcha journalism. I made it through half a Vortex video before I had to shut it off. And the Perils of Know-Everythingism, Read This Book – And Help Yourself Survive The Storm That’s Engulfing the Catholic Church, Part 2 – The 2020 US Elections, The Great Reset and the Catholic Church, The 2020 US Elections, The Great Reset and the Catholic Church.

Tamiya Skyraider Instructions, Origami For Kids Animals, Buy Echium Nz, Office Building Cartoon Images, Elder Scrolls Online Voice Actors,