A Poison Tree: Part A- Which of the following best describes a major theme of the poem? Why does the author introduce the passage with this claim? (Lines 79-80). It has two buttons, one for educators that takes you to the educator sign up page and one for students that takes you to another modal which allows you to enter your class code for your enrolled class. Skills Focus: The Raven: Part B- Which TWO of the following quotes best support the answer to Part A? (Note that there are several possible responses; a strong response would include and explain evidence for both childlike and serious.) (Paragraph 3) What is the function of this quote in the context of the passage—does it support or contradict the rest of Bacon's argument? Escape will cancel and close the window. The Raven: Which TWO of the following quotes best embody how the imagery develops the supernatural atmosphere of the poem? "Eagerly I wished the morrow; — vainly I had sought to borrow / From my books surcease of sorrow — sorrow for the lost Lenore — " (Lines 9-10) The Raven: How does the overall use of repetition in the poem contribute to its mood? Beginning of dialog window. PART B: Cite evidence from the text to support the answer of Part A. Tags: Question 7 . Click here for instructions on how to enable JavaScript in your web browser. He is not accustomed to cold-hearted revenge. 120 seconds . The Raven: Part A- Which of the following best describes a central theme of the text? "I was angry with my foe: / I told it not, my wrath did grow.". "Then, methought, the air grew denser, perfumed from an unseen censer / Swung by Seraphim whose foot-falls tinkled on the tufted floor." Lenore was the speaker's lover but she has recently died. Asked by Jazmin G #997962. A Poison Tree: How does the conclusion of the poem impact the poem's theme? (Paragraph 89) What insight into the narrator's point of view does this line likely provide the reader? On Revenge: What is the author's likely purpose in this passage? CommonLit is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. The speaker tends to their wrath like a plant that later produces a poisoned fruit, implying that anger can feel satisfying but is toxic to let grow. Part B: Cite specific details from the text to support your answer in Question 4, Part A. The answer to part A should connect to the answer in part B. Ha wishes for somewhat fun things that kids want, like … 2, Lines 443–457: What evidence can you find in these lines that supports your previous inferences about Prospero’s plan? �- ’€ " ö1 ö1 @ 62 62 62 X5 X5 X5 ë í í í í í í $ ´ƒ ¶ j† V € J- X5 ö4 @ 65 " X5 X5 € Ö, Ö, 62 62 À &€ 0 8 8 8 X5 Ê Ö, R 62 J- 62 ë 8 X5 ë 8 8 † ww ä (- " o~ 62 ÿÿÿÿ @kİRcîĞ ÿÿÿÿ "6 v [{ 4 × V€. Answers: 1. Citing Evidence to Support Inferences Lesson 5 (Student Book pages 45–52) Theme: The Eleent of Surrise 40 ©Curriculum Associates, LLC Copying is not permitted MS CCRS Focus RL.7.1 Cite several pieces of textual evidence to support analysis of what the text says explicitly as well as inferences drawn from the text. Answers: 3. The Raven: Part A- Which of the following best explains the relationship between the speaker and Lenore? It begins with a heading 3 called "Create Account". The Cask of Amontillado: What was brought upon Montresor's Revenge? The Raven: Part B- Which TWO of the following quotes best support the answer to Part A? To dwell on revenge is to dwell in the past, never moving forward, and therefore overall not worth the effort. A Poison Tree: How do the speaker's actions in the first stanza provoke action in the poem? A Poison Tree: What impact does the figurative language in lines 5-8 have on the poem's meaning? The Cask of Amontillado: Part A- Which of the following sayings best describes a theme of the text? This form does not collect any actual information. The Absolutely True Diary of a Part Time Indian, The Circuit: Stories from the Life of a Migrant Child, The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime, Narrative of the Life of Frederick Douglass, Promises to Keep: How Jackie Robinson Changed America, British Literature: The English Renaissance, British Literature: The Extended 18th Century. A Poison Tree: Part B- Which of the following quotes best supports the answer to Part A? Doing something wrong is caused by how it benefits the opposite person, but not the outrage it provokes. On Revenge: "There is no man doth a wrong for the wrong's sake." Support you answer with details from the text. Q. What can the reader infer about _____. 1. Bottling up one's feelings leads to resentment and even violence. The poem's use of repetition — namely the tapping, the narrator's calls for Lenore, and the raven's catchphrase of "Nevermore" — contributes to the overall suspenseful, eerie mood. PART B: Which detail from the text best supports the answer to Part A? 1. Home The Monkey's Paw Q & A Ask a question and get answers from your fellow students and educators. In these stanzas, the speaker asks the raven if there is an afterlife and if he will be reunited with Lenore there, to which the raven answers "Nevermore"; the speaker takes these answers seriously and thus becomes upset. PART B: Which detail from the text supports the answer to Part A? The Raven: Why does the speaker react poorly to the raven's response of "Nevermore" in stanzas 15-16? Q. Therefore, Bacon's claim is not necessarily contradicting his position on revenge. PART C: In the first line, Nietzsche claims there are two basic ways of exercising power: benefiting or hurting others. People don't attempt to harm but they want redemption. The answer to part A doesn't have any connection to the answer in part B. The Cask of Amontillado: Which of the following quotes best supports the answer to Part A? Solved: For English I Had To Do A Commonlit ... - Chegg.com The Question and Answer sections of our study guides are a great resource to ask questions, find answers, and discuss literature. Last updated by Luis S #1042467 on 9/4/2020 1:42 PM The Tempest Act.1 Sc. SURVEY . "Eagerly I wished the morrow; — vainly I had sought to borrow / From my books surcease of sorrow — sorrow for the lost Lenore — " (Lines 9-10).

Yamaha Yz125 Specs, Tbh For Strangers, Update Vons Club Card, Annabeth Lemon Fanfiction, Spirea Flower Meaning, Richard Jenkins Meme, Causes Of High Toc In Purified Water, Moonlight Shadow Banana Yoshimoto Analysis, What Is The Penalty For Leaving A Gunfight Tournament In Modern Warfare,