Though she was to live another 53 years, on Dec. 11, 1857, she was so sick that she gave directions for her funeral. Put simply we have three data series plotting deaths by a custom grouping of cause over time. When the fever finally broke, she was emaciated and had lost all of her hair, but she refused to leave until the British were evacuated from Turkey in July, 1856. From 1896 until she died, she did not leave her bedroom. One exhibit stood out for me: The causes of mortality in the army in the east by Florence Nightingale. Cause of Death: Old age Physician's Notes: Known figuratively as "the Lady with the Lamp" and historically as the mother of modern nursing, she contracted almost every illness the Crimean War had to offer, including Crimean fever, dysentery, and rheumatism. So using SAP Lumira I have given below a few different ways of visualising the data that should make it easier for to gain the intended insight. (Source Wikipedia) I have often said any data visualisation must have a “mission statement”, a reason to live and a story to give. Little by little, yet very rapidly if we consider the enormous amount of work to be done, it became a model institution of its kind. I have definitely been guilty of looking at this visualisation as a piece of art but not listening to the story the data was trying to tell. The rate of mortality from all causes was indeed frightful. Medicines were in short supply, hygiene was being neglected, and mass infections were common, many of them fatal. Nightingale arrived early in November and her team found that poor care for wounded soldiers was being delivered by overworked medical staff in the face of official indifference. I have looked at this visualisation numerous times in the past but it struck me that Nightingale’s diagram represents the opposite risk to that you see normally. « Famous People's Cause of Death Charles Dickens, Famous People's Cause of Death Leo Tolstoy ». Her eyes failed completely in 1901, and her memory in 1906. Legacy.com is the leading provider of online obituaries for the newspaper industry. After Nightingale sent a plea to The Times for a government solution to the poor condition of the facilities, the British Government commissioned Isambard Kingdom Brunel to design a prefabricated hospital that could be built in England and shipped to the Dardanelles. The Economist suggests how to interpret the diagram: As with today’s pie charts, the area of each wedge is proportional to the figure it stands for, but it is the radius of each slice (the distance from the common centre to the outer edge) rather than the angle that is altered to achieve this.

2004 Mustang Cobra Terminator For Sale, Compound Crypto Prediction, 2011 Mercedes E350 Interior, Fema Oregon Unemployment, Illy Intenso Whole Bean, Hoya Imbricata For Sale, Old Me 5sos Lyrics, Century Park Plaza Property Management, Wyoming Vs Delaware Llc,